20th Annual Western Health Care Leadership Academy
Save the date! The 20th Annual Western Health Care Leadership Academy will be May 5-7, 2017, at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. The 2017 Leadership Academy will continue its mission of providing the information and skills needed to succeed in today's rapidly changing health care marketplace. We hope you will be able to join us!
Featured Presenter: Paul Begala
Paul Begala is a commentator for CNN, where he is part of the political team that has won both an Emmy Award and a Peabody Award. In the 2012 campaign, he was a senior adviser for the pro-Obama Super PAC, making Begala one of the few people to play a critical role in electing two different presidents.
After helping engineer Bill Clinton's presidential campaign with his partner, James Carville, Begala served as counselor to the President, one of Clinton's closest aides. Begala is an affiliated professor of Public Policy at Georgetown University. He has also taught at the University of Texas and the University of Georgia. Along with James Carville and GOP strategist Karl Rove, he was a recently inducted into the American Association of Political Consultants' Hall of Fame.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians and nurses in private, group or academic practice and in administrative and management positions
- Medical practice managers
- Hospital chiefs of staff, MEC members, senior administrators and board members
- Medical group and health plan administrators and board members
- Medical and specialty society officers, executives and committee members
- Private- and public-sector health policy analysts, program administrators and consultants
- Health law attorneys
- Medical students and residents
- Consumer/patient advocates
Why You Should Attend
- Prepare for changes affecting your practice, your profession and your economic future
- Learn techniques to minimize financial risks and boost the bottom line
- Acquire skills needed to excel as a medical practice or medical staff leader
- Network with your colleagues